Building on Past Years’ Success
Each year dozens of Eagle Harbor Tennis players and friends, join the Orange Park Rotary Sunrise Club in presenting Tennis4Cancer. Despite the interruption of Covid in 2020, the 2021 Tournament was a huge success with 300 players and net proceeds raised of $53,277. A check was presented to the American Cancer Society for $27,000 and another $27,000 was distributed to Rotary charities. Our total for these two charities now equals $336,027 overall.
SO HOW CAN YOU HELP?
Now that our 6-year pledge to contribute $100,000 to the capital campaign of the Hope Lodge has been completed, the focus we will be working towards is contributing $60,000 towards the lease or purchase of vehicles to support the Hope Lodge.
Money raised in our annual Tennis4Cancer tournament goes to support the American Cancer Society’s Rich M. Schulze Family Foundation Hope Lodge and the Rotary Club of Orange Park Sunrise.
Rotary is a service organization of business and professional leaders united worldwide, who:
• Provide humanitarian service
• Encourage high ethical standards in all vocations
• Help build goodwill and peace in the world
• Supporting a wide variety of charitable efforts in Clay County, Florida and the World.
Grand Opening of the Hope Lodge, February 4, 2020
As part of the American Cancer Society’s mission to save lives and relieve suffering from cancer, it seeks to raise $19.2 million to construct and operate Hope Lodge Jacksonville, a residence that provides lodging at no cost to cancer patients visiting the Greater Jacksonville area. Some of the amenities of the American Cancer Society’s Hope Lodge Jacksonville include:
- 32 patient suites, each with a private bath and television
- Shared kitchen and dining spaces
- Help-yourself pantry/pots and pans
- Daily access to fresh linens and laundry facilities
- A resource library with an Internet computer station
- Family recreation rooms with chairs, sofas and television
- Outdoor patio area and healing garden
- Free on-site, easily accessible garage and surface parking
- Free daily transportation to and from treatment centers
Located on the Mayo Clinic campus in Jacksonville. Richard M. Schulze Family Foundation Hope Lodge – Jacksonville serves patients seeking cancer treatment at any cancer center in the Jacksonville area.
Click here for more information on the Richard M. Schulze Family Foundation Hope Lodge.